You will find detailed information below on what Cookies are, what kind of Cookies this Website uses, how you can deactivate them in your browser, and how to specifically block the installation of third-party Cookies.
- What are Cookies?
Cookies are files that websites or applications install on the browser or on the device (smartphone, tablet or connected TV) of the user while they browse the pages of the site or the application, and they are used to store information about their visit.
- Ensure that the web page can operate properly.
- Store preferences, such as the language you selected or the font size.
- Know the User’s browsing experience.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as which pages the user has visited or how long they have been on the Website.
- Typology, purpose, and operation
Cookies, depending on their duration period, can be divided into session cookies or persistent cookies. The former expire when the user closes the browser. The latter expire when the purpose for which they are used is met (for example, for the user to remain identified on the website) or when they are manually deleted.
In addition, according to their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary (technical): Those are essential for the correct operation of the page. They are usually generated when the user accesses the Website or logs in to it and they are used to identify them on the Website with the following objectives:
- Keeping the user identified so that, if they leaves the Website, the browser or the device, and re-access that website some other time, they will remain identified, facilitating browsing without having to re-identify.
- Check if the User is authorised to access certain services or areas of the website.
- Performance: Used to improve the browsing experience and optimise the operation of the website, such as storing service settings, or storing the purchase made in a shopping cart.
- Advertising: These collect information about the ads displayed to website users. They can be of two types:
- Anonymous: These only collect information about advertising spaces shown on the website, regardless of which user accesses the website, that is, without expressly identifying the user.
- Customised: These collect the website User’s personal information by a third party, for advertising spaces customisation purposes.
- Geolocation: These Cookies are used to find out in which country or region the user is located when accessing a website service in order to offer content or services appropriate to their location.
- Analytics: These collect information about the User’s browsing experience on the website, usually anonymously, but sometimes allowing a user to be uniquely and unambiguously identified in order to obtain reports on users’ interests in services offered by the website.
- Cookies used in this website
- Below there is a table with Cookies used in this website, incorporating an “intrusiveness level” criterion on a scale of 1 to 3, where:
Level 1: corresponds to Cookies strictly necessary for the provision of the service requested by the User.
Level 2: corresponds to performance Cookies (anonymous) necessary for the maintenance of content and navigation, which only need to report on their existence.
Level 3: corresponds to Cookies managed by third parties that allow the User to be tracked through websites not belonging to COLEGIO INTERNACIONAL AUSIÀS MARCH. They usually correspond to advertising or analytics Cookies where the user is identified in a unique and obvious way.
|Table of cookies used|
|JSESSIONID||Session||Technical||Maintain a user session||Level 1|
|_utma||2 years||Analysis||Internal Measurement with Google Analytics||Level 3|
|_utmb||30 minutes||Analysis||Internal Measurement with Google Analytics||Level 3|
|_utmc||Session||Analysis||Internal Measurement with Google Analytics||Level 3|
|_utmz||6 months||Analysis||Internal Measurement with Google Analytics and AdWords||Level 3|
If the user wishes, it is possible to stop accepting Cookies from the browser, or to stop accepting Cookies from a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change Cookie settings. These settings are usually found under “Options” or “Preferences” in the browser menu.
Browser settings, for example:
Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
Other third-party tools, available online, allow users to detect Cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation (for example, Ghostery: http://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement).
- What happens when Cookies are disabled?
Some features and services may be disabled or behave differently than expected, for example, a user may remain logged in, purchases may remain in the “shopping cart” in an e-commerce service or directed information may be received at its location, among other possibilities.
Turning off Cookies in this website will probably keep you from accessing certain areas of the website, or noticeably downgrade your navigation experience while using it.
This website uses Google Analytics, an internet analytics service provided by Google, Inc., a company based in Delaware whose headquarters is located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA (California) 94043, USA (also known as “Google”).
Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files located in your computer to help the website analyse how users make use of the website. The information generated by the cookie regarding the use of the website (including your IP address) will be directly transmitted and stored by Google in its servers in the United States. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of monitoring the trail of your use of the website, compiling reports on the website’s activity and providing other services related to the website activity and internet use. Google can share this information with third parties when it required to do so by law, or when said third parties process the information for Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other information that Google has.
You can deny the processing of data or information by denying access to cookies through the appropriate settings on your browser, however, you must know that doing so may prevent you from enjoying the website’s full functionality. When using this website, you agree to having information about you processed by Google in the way and for the purposes outlined above.