ASAM (AUSIÀS MARCH CHARITABLE WORK)
This initiative is driven by a group of students coordinated by Marisa Rodríguez and assembled as an NGO which collaborates with SAVE THE CHILDREN and other prestigious organisations such as OBRA SOCIAL “LA CAIXA” CÁRITAS, ASMIP, NUEVA OPCIÓN and PROYECTO VIVIR. With the objective of awakening the values of solidarity, responsibility, and a critical view of our society as well as stimulating collaboration and helping those in need, this initiative is aligned with our ideology and with the ethical principles which we try to push forward through our Educational Project. Today, more than 80 students participate in this charitable project, supported by the professors and families of the institution.
ASAM has been operating for 10 years, and has already raised approximately 56,000 euros, and collected more than six tons of toys, food, backpacks, bottle caps… cooperating with an infinite number of independent charitable projects and initiatives or in cooperation with important NGOs and associations. We expect to meet and exceed our objectives this school year.
Ausiàs March is an AMBASSADOR SCHOOL FOR THE PROMOTION OF CHILDREN’S RIGHTS, named by the SAVE THE CHILDREN NGO, and we promote constant training of our volunteers as well as the transmission of these values to our youngest students.
The main projects carried out by ASAM during the 2015-2016 school year are:
- Awareness Campaigns for the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO and other projects led by ASAM students (3rd and 4th years of Secondary level and 1st year of Baccalaureate level) for students of Early and Primary Education.
- Completion of the 13th Edition of the NGO Save the Children’s “Kilómetros de Solidaridad” (a charity race) organised by ASAM students for all students of the School.
- Completion of talks about volunteering given by the volunteers and associates of ASMIP (Picassent Association of Physically Disabled).
- Collaboration with the NGOs ACAI FEYDA and LALIBELA food company that work on adoption, service, assistance, and protection of children and families at risk of social exclusion and starvation in Ethiopia.
- Shipment of backpacks to Lalibela (Ethiopia) for the house-refuge of the Lalibela Food Company (NGO boosted by a family from our Institution).
- Collaboration with Agility CSR (a Qatari transportation company) on various international aid projects.
- Completion of a raffle during Fallas of two iPads, donated by Obra Social “la Caixa” (La Caixa Social Work).
- Completion of two non-perishable food drives by Cáritas
- Open House Children’s Solidarity Tour: Informational stand and sale of pins // Creativity Workshops // Charitable Book Stall // Snack Stall // Rastro Solidario. All classes participate, from 3 years old to 2nd year of Baccalaureate Level.
- End of Year Festivals: Presentation of the funds raised by ASAM for the NGO Save the Children and other entities.